See the the GUVSWD A-Z list for information about recycling specific items.
OPEN: Sat. 9am – 11am (Summer 8:30am)/Located on Dump Road/US Route 5 S
Dump/Beach Pass Required. Purchase at Town Clerk’s Office for $5.00
New at the transfer station – we now have a bin for food scraps! You can include any kind of food – meat and bones as well as fruit and vegetable scraps, eggs, dairy, shells, fish, coffee grounds and filters, and tea bags.
No commercially grown flowers, no PLU stickers, no bags or packaging, twist ties, etc.
*Please sort recycling before arriving at facility*
- CARDBOARD BIN: corrugated, boxboard, brown paper bags; Please note: cardboard & boxboard must be free of all trash such as plastic, packing peanuts, styrofoam. Boxes must be cut down to no larger then 3 foot square & must be flattened. No milk or juice cartons or any waxed cardboard.
- PAPER BIN: newspaper, magazines, office paper (any color), shredded paper, junk mail, soft & hard cover books – NO METAL OR PLASTIC BINDINGS.
- ALUMINUM BIN: CLEAN aluminum cans – No tin or pieces of foil or dishes.
- TIN BIN: Clean tin cans, such as soup, coffee, tuna fish, dog & cat food, aerosol cans, etc. Clean aluminum foil, aluminum dishes, pie plates & jar lids.
- PLASTIC BIN: Accepting certain plastics # 1–7. Clean: bottles, containers, jugs, (beverages/beauty & cleaning products/detergent), dairy tubs,( butter, yogurt, sour cream, take out containers, etc) No plastic bags (most stores recycle plastic bags), No packing materials (Peanuts or Styrofoam). No bottle caps, no prescription vials, no styrofoam, no motor oil or antifreeze jugs, no flower pots
- GLASS BIN: Clean clear glass, colored glass, window glass. Remove lids and recycle metal lids with tin.
T R A S H D I S P O S A L
Cash or check only, taken at Transfer Station by vendor Quinttown Container Service for any items that cannot be recycled, re-used or composted.
- $3.00 per 13 gallon bag (white tall kitchen size)
- $4.00 per 30 gallon bag or can (black trash size)
- $5.00 per contractor bag
BULKY ITEMS accepted every Saturday (priced per item by vendor at Transfer Station), such as mattresses, furniture (chairs, sofas, etc.) tires, toilets, appliances (including refrigerators).
NO HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
NO automotive fluids, batteries, chemicals, oil based paint, etc.
Contact the Town Administrator 333-9653 for information about the next Hazardous Waste Collection.
Accepted: Natural & untreated wood (brush, live/dead tree cuttings). NO STUMPS, TREATED, PAINTED, FINISHED WOOD. NO PRESSBOARD, PARTICLE BOARD, PLYWOOD. NO NAILS. NO PAPER, CARDBOARD OR BOXBOARD.
Leaves go in separate pile. Attendant on duty to answer questions.
Note: It is illegal to burn anything other than untreated wood. NO BURNING of paper, cardboard, tires & other rubber products. NO BURNING of treated, painted or finished wood; materials containing asbestos; asphalt roofing materials; insulation; plastic or any other synthetic material; oil; construction or demolition debris; garbage.
FREE E-WASTE RECYCLING
(As of July 1, 2011, electronic waste MUST NOT BE PLACED IN THE GARBAGE) Fairlee’s closest FREE e-waste recycler is the
Corinth Recycling Center/Transfer Station
2628 Goose Green Rd, Town Garage Lot, Hours: Sat., 8 am-1pm, Tel: 802-439-5850
Computers, monitors, printers, tvs, phones, fax machines, VCRs, DVDs, stereos, power cords, music players
The Bradford Recycling Center takes many electronics, including CPUs and monitors for no fee but there is a $4 gate fee if you are not a resident of Bradford. Please do not bring more than 10 items at a time. Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8am to 4pm
See this list of ewaste locations from the State of Vermont