Charles H. Hinsley, Chair
Gerald H. Colby
Eric C. Sleeper
Lance V. Mills
For plot sales and further information, please contact the Town Clerk – 802-333-4363 – email@example.com
Town of Fairlee Cemetery Policy – Revised and Approved September 17, 2014
- The size of a single plot is 5 ½ ft. x 10 ft. This is for a one vault burial and/or eight cremation burials. When cremation burials are made in a plot first, a vault burial is not allowed afterwards. If a vault burial is made in a plot first, 8 cremation burials can be made on top. The price of a single plot will be $300.00 for residents and non-resident taxpayers. The price for a non-resident plot will be $600.00.These prices include four granite cornerstones.
- Prior approval is needed by the Cemetery Commissioners for a vault burial or to bury cremated remains. Cremation Certificates must be recorded in the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Maintenance will be accomplished by the Cemetery Commissioners or paid help supervised by the Cemetery Commissioners.
- No shrubs or trees can be planted in the cemetery.
- Opening and closing times of the cemetery are set by the Cemetery Commissioners.
- Winter access to the cemetery is based on weather conditions and approval must be by the Cemetery Commissioners or a Cemetery Commissioner.
- All monuments are to be approved by the Cemetery Commissioner and all monuments are to be installed by professional personnel.
- All flowers, artificial flowers, wreaths, or crosses can be removed when the Cemetery Commissioner feels they have expired.
- This above policy can only be changed by the Cemetery Commissioners.