Board of Trustees Meeting
June 13, 2018
In attendance: Cyrie Lange, Samantha Hickman, Charlotte Williams, Crystal Champagne, Joy Weale
- The meeting was called to order at 7:04 by Cyrie Lange.
- Approval of previous minutes: Minutes of the May 9th, 2018 meeting were approved unanimously as written.
- Librarian’s Report
- Plans coming along for Summer Reading Program: events planned most weeks on Tuesday through Friday for six weeks.
- Samantha hopes to continue the library’s relationships with SME preschool and kindergarten next year.
- July 4th book sale will happen again this year. Sorting will be July 3rd from 3-6 PM and setup at 8 AM on the 4th.
- Gardening books (Hanover Garden Club donation) have been purchased.
- May 18th Samantha attended the Vermont Library Assoc Conference. She came back with lots of ideas for new book purchases.
- LUV meeting in Lyme was May 21st. Samantha connected with Bradford and Blake libraries; there is a possibility of partnering with them for reduced-price programs.
- A patron has donated $100 toward a new projector, although Samantha is considering purchase of a big-screen smart TV instead.
- There will be plenty of volunteer help this summer.
- Statistics: door count is up from last year. Programs were pretty well attended.
4) Treasurer’s Report
Charlotte will set up a time to meet with Lisa to go through old bequest records, probably not until end of summer or later.
5) Old Business
Trustees agreed we should go ahead and schedule the sanding/repainting of the outside surface of the bulkhead door. Samantha will ask the cleaner to wash the outside doors when she does the outside windows. The kitchen side door will then need to be painted. Samantha will buy white exterior paint for this. One shelving unit in the juvenile area has been secured, and one in the young adult area. Parking lot grading is not yet scheduled. Power washing should be done by a professional if we decide to do it now. We should get an opinion and an estimate.
6) New Business
Trustees recommend Samantha call ARC Mechanical to see if AC system needs to be serviced.
7) Next Meeting will be Wednesday July 11th at 7 PM (Meeting adjourned at 8:32 PM).
Charlotte Williams, Recording Secretary