Which dogs must be licensed?
All dogs living in the Town of Fairlee, including puppies who have received their first rabies shot.
Where and how do I license my dog?
Dog licenses are issued in the Town Clerk Office Mondays-Thursdays 8:30am to 3:30pm and Fridays
9:00am to 12:00noon or by appointment. Dog licenses can also be issue through the mail to: Fairlee Town Clerk PO Box 95 Fairlee, VT 05045. Remember to bring in or mail the dog’s current rabies certificate and
spaying/neutering certificate, if applicable.
When do I license my dog?
A new adult dog should be licensed immediately, and a puppy can be licensed as soon as the puppy receives its first rabies shot. The deadline for licensing in 2018 is April 2nd
What is the annual fee to license my dog?
spayed/neutered dogs : $9.00
male and female dogs (not spayed or neutered): $13.00
Late fees will be charged after April 2nd: $2.00 for spayed/neutered dogs $4.00 for male and female dogs (not spayed or neutered)
$4.00 for male and female dogs (not spayed or neutered)
2018 Rabies Clinics
Oxbow Vet Rabies Clinics:
- March 7, 2018 in East Corinth at the Fire Station from 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- March 14, 2018 in Fairlee at the Fire Station from 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- March 17, 2018 in Thetford at the Thetford Town Garage from 10:00am to11:00am
- March 21, 2018 in Groton at the Groton Town Garage from 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- March 28, 2018 in Bradford at the Fire Station from 6:00pm to 7:00p
Rabies shots only/ for dogs and cats at a cost of $10.00/shot