Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
Town Of Fairlee Town Hall
75 Town Common Road
Fairlee, Vermont 05045
Thursday February 2, 2017
- Planning Commission Members: Mark Bishop – CHAIR
- Suzanne Pacilio; E. Smith Reed, Peter Berger and Miranda Clemson
- Zoning Administrator: Chris Brimmer
CALL TO ORDER: 6:05PM
Mark Bishop called the meeting to order.
AGENDA MODIFICATIONS: NONE
MINUTES REVIEW: The minutes of January 12, 2017 were approved with corrections.
Denis Lambert arrived at 6:07PM.
PUBLIC COMMENTS AND CONCERNS –NONE
PARK AND RIDE GRANT/FUTURE SITE EXPANSION/RR STATION
- Zoning Administrator Chris Brimmer advised the Town of Fairlee Planning Commission that Brandy Saxton from PlaceSense would be delivering final deliverables as per the VT state grant. The Town of Fairlee Planning Commission requested that a brief description of the study results be placed on the town website with a map of the area with accompanying graphics.
- There was a discussion of the Park & Ride grant, proposed paving area, location and number of parking spaces, lighting and ED charging station.
- Peter Berger advised that the current number of parking spaces do not provide adequate capacity for parking. Zoning Administrator Chris Brimmer advised that the project represents Phase I of a longer-term project. This phase should be completed by late May 2017 and integrates well into the Town of Fairlee’s economic development goals. Peter Berger asked that the Town of Fairlee Planning Commission coordinate with the Town of Fairlee Selectboard on this project and requested that exact boundaries for the project area need to be determined.
MOUNTAIN ROAD COMMUNITY SOLAR PROJECT
The Town of Fairlee Planning Commission reviewed the letter to the VT Public Service Board.
MOTION: Peter Berger/E. Smith Reed (moved/seconded) moved that the Planning Commission sign the letters.
RFP FOR INCOME STUDY
Zoning Administrator Chris Brimmer notified the Town of Fairlee Planning Commission that the Town of Fairlee Selectboard had reviewed the RFP for the income study. Peter Berger noted that a description of the study needs to be included in the Town of Fairlee Selectboard newsletter and that information resulting from the study will allow the Town of Fairlee to qualify for more state and federal grant funding for municipal projects. Zoning Administrator Chris Brimmer suggest a joint scoping meeting with the Town of Fairlee Selectboard on April 3 or April 6, 2017.
REVIEW IMPLEMENTATION MATRIX
Town of Fairlee Planning Commission suggested that Zoning Administrator Chris Brimmer color code the Implementation Matrix in the Town of Fairlee Town Plan and also analyze the overlay district with assistance from Two Rivers – Ottauquechee Regional Planning Council.
Next Meeting: Thursday March 2, 2017 at 6:00PM
MOTION: Susanne Pacilio/E. Smith Reed (moved/seconded) moved to adjourn the meeting. Members present: Mark Bishop; Susanne Pacilio; Denis Lambert; Peter Berger, E. Smith Reed and Miranda Clemson voted in favor.
MOTION PASSED UNANIMOUSLY
MEETING ADJOURNED 7:35PM
ATTEST: Stephanie A. Taylor