Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Town Of Fairlee Town Hall
75 Town Common Road
Fairlee, Vermont 05045
Monday, November 7, 2016
6:00 p.m. CALL TO ORDER
Selectboard Members: Peter Berger (Chair); Frank J. Barrett, Jr. (Vice Chair); Cathy McGrath
Town Administrator: Brian Hanson
Minutes Clerk: Tracy Dunn
MOTION: Frank J. Barrett, Jr. / Cathy McGrath (Moved and Seconded) made a motion to accept the agenda with modifications. The vote passed unanimously.
The Town of Fairlee Selectboard went into recess to go into the Public Hearing on the Access Management Grant.
MOVE TO PUBLIC HEARING ON ACCESS MANAGEMENT GRANT:
Zoning Administrator Chris Brimmer reported to the Town of Fairlee Selectboard that the Public Hearing for the Access Management Grant needed to be warned for fifteen days therefore the hearing for the Access Management Grant needed to be postponed.
The Town of Fairlee Selectboard had discussion around the amount of the bond, timing of the bond vote which will be on February 14, 2016 and the award of anticipated grants.
The Bond Informational Session will January 18, 2017 at from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
The Bond Public Hearing will be on February 6, 2017.
MOTION: Frank J. Barrett, Jr. / Cathy McGrath (Moved and Seconded) made a motion to adjourn the Public Hearing on the Access Management Grant. The vote passed unanimously.
The Town of Fairlee Selectboard came out of recess at 6:32 PM.
- Zoning Administrator Chris Brimmer Personnel Review – Mr. Brimmer’s review will be tabled until the Town of Fairlee Selectboard Meeting on November 14, 2016.
- Town Administrator Brian Hanson Review – Mr. Hanson’s review will be tabled until the Town of Fairlee Selectboard Meeting on November 21, 2016.
- Upper Valley Ambulance Clay Odell/Rick Senn – Executive Director of the Upper Valley Ambulance Service Clay Odell and Rick Senn came before the Town of Fairlee Selectboard to discuss the topic of expanding their territory and difficulty with coverage of trucks. Mr. Odell told the Selectboard that they are not expanding their territory beyond the nine towns that they currently service. Mr. Odell let the Selectboard know that Upper Valley Ambulance is not having any issues with staffing their primary truck twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week. He did say that they do have issues with staffing the secondary truck. He explained that this issue is a result of the available labor pool. He explained that this is an issue across all rural towns. Cathy McGrath asked if there is anything that the Town of Fairlee Selectboard can do to help. Mr. Odell explained that he did not think so but that he did appreciate their offer. Frank J. Barrett, Jr. asked Mr. Odell if he felt there were any potential upgrades that may be needed in the foreseeable future in the building that they are in. Mr. Odell told the Selectboard that he feels that the building is in great shape and does not see any needed upgrades for the future.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – NONE
The Public Hearings for the Access Management Grant, the Build-Out Study and the Interim Zoning Regulations will be held on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 6:30 pm.
- Water Tank/Tata & Howard – Gary Leach with Tata & Howard came before the Town of Fairlee Selectboard to discuss the Town of Fairlee Water Tank. Mr. Leach let the Selectboard know that he had received an estimate on demolition of the Water Tank. After looking over the estimate Mr. Leach said that he knew that the estimate was not correct. He has contacted the company who wrote the estimate and asked that they review the estimate and resubmit it. One suggestion that Mr. Leach made to the Selectboard was to consider building an Aquastore Tank which is a glass fused steel water tank that has a fifty year life span on the panels. Mr. Leach said that these types of tank require no maintenance and it runs off solar energy.
- Lake Morey Road/Tata & Howard – Gary Leach with Tata & Howard came before the Town of Fairlee Selectboard to give an update on the Lake Morey Road. Mr. Leach let the Selectboard know that his contractor was called to jury duty and was unable to get him the numbers prior to serving. He said that he would have the numbers in the near future.
- Town of Fairlee Road Ordinance – The Town of Fairlee Selectboard reviewed the recommendations made by Gary Leach with Tata & Howard. The Selectboard discussed further changes and edits. Cathy McGrath will make the suggested updates and the topic of the Town of Fairlee Road Ordinance will be revisited at a later meeting date.
- Illegal Dumping Ordinance – The Town of Fairlee Selectboard reviewed the Town of Fairlee Illegal Dumping Ordinance and requested a couple of changes. Town Administrator Brian Hanson will make the requested changes and have the Ordinance available at the November 14, 2016 Town of Fairlee Selectboard Meeting. Mr. Hanson advised the Selectboard that he checked on pricing for an illegal dumping and that the sign is twenty dollars. This sign would be for an area on Maurice Roberts Road where illegal dumping is taking place on a regular basis.
- Newsletter – Cathy McGrath notified the Town of Fairlee Selectboard that the Town Newsletter was mailed out on Friday, November 4, 2016.
- Questionnaire from Cohase Chamber Economic Development – The topic of the questionnaire for the Cohase Chamber Economic Development will be tabled until the November 14, 2016 Town of Fairlee Selectboard Meeting.
The Orders and Correspondence were presented to the Selectboard for signatures.
The Selectboard reviewed the meeting minutes for October 31, 2016.
MOTION: Cathy McGrath/Peter Berger (Moved and Seconded) made a motion to accept the minutes for October 31, 2016 with corrections. The vote passed unanimously.
ACTION ITEMS REVIEW & AGENDA ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS:
- Road Ordinance
- Illegal Dumping Ordinance
- Zoning Administrator Chris Brimmer Review
- Questionnaire from Cohase Chamber Economic Development
ADJOURN – Time 8:25 PM
MOTION: Frank J. Barrett, Jr. /Cathy McGrath (Moved and Seconded) moved to close meeting. Motion was passed unanimously.
Attest: Tracy L. Dunn