Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Town Of Fairlee Town Hall
75 Town Common Road
Fairlee, Vermont 05045
Monday, September 19, 2016
6:00 p.m. CALL TO ORDER
PRESENT: Selectboard Members: Peter Berger (Chair); Frank J. Barrett, Jr. (Vice Chair); Cathy McGrath
Town Administrator: Brian Hanson
Minutes Clerk: Tracy Dunn
MOTION: Cathy McGrath/Frank J. Barrett, Jr. (Moved and Seconded) made a motion to accept the agenda with modifications. The vote passed unanimously.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – NONE
- Town Administrator Brian Hanson presented the Town Health Officer Recommendation form naming Thomas Hough as the Town of Fairlee Health Officer effective October 1, 2016 to the Town of Fairlee Selectboard for approval and signature.
- Town of Administrator Brian Hanson presented the 2017 Tax Map Maintenance Proposal to the Town of Fairlee Selectboard for signature.
- Lake Morey Update – Town Administrator Brian Hanson advised the Town of Fairlee Selectboard that the week of September 12, 2016 Peggie Bissell took a sample of “scummy” water from Lake Morey and had it tested. The results came back that it was blue green algae which could be due to hot weather and lack of rain over the summer months. Mr. Hanson did notify the Selectboard that Greg Allen who works with Don Weaver on the Milfoil program also took samples and is analyzing it. The Vermont Health Department recommended placing signs on the beach and on the boat launch. Mr. Hanson stated that he has also contacted local businesses to make them aware of the situation.
- Water Department Reserve Fund – The Town of Fairlee Selectboard asked Lance Colby and Barry Larson from the Town of Fairlee Water Department to come to the September 19, 2016 Selectboard meeting to discuss accessing funds from the Water Department Reserve Fund to cover interim funding relating to the work that will be done on the water tank by Tata & Howard. The amount of interim funding recommended by Tata & Howard at the Town of Fairlee Selectboard meeting on September 12, 2016 was between $45,000.00 and $50,000.00. The balance in the Water Department Reserve Fund at the end of 2015 was $278,659.00.
- Bald Top Road – Property owner Ingrid Beattie has contacted the Town of Fairlee regarding Bald Top Road and ditching that comes down the east side of the road to the entrance of the reservoir. Her concern is regarding where the ditching comes to an end and has failed and now pours water down onto her property. The Town of Fairlee Selectboard asked Lance Colby and Barry Larson for input on property lines and how to remedy the situation. After some discussion a suggestion was made by Mr. Larson to cut the ditch some to the west and he said he believed that this would remedy the situation.
- Road Ordinance/Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission – Town Administrator Brian Hanson advised the Town of Fairlee Selectboard that he contacted Rita Seto with Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission regarding the road ordinance. In her response she asked Mr. Hanson what the Town of Fairlee was looking for in regarding to information. Mr. Hanson sent a response but has not heard back as of the September 19, 2016 meeting.
- Quinibeck Road Update – Town Administrator Brian Hanson advised the Town of Fairlee Selectboard that the work on Quinibeck Road began on Tuesday, September 13, 2016.
- Fire Marshall Variance – Per the request of Frank J. Barrett, Jr. due to some time constraints in his schedule he asked that the topic of the Fire Marshal Variance be move to the Town of Fairlee Selectboard meeting on Monday, September 26, 2016.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – LEGAL MATTER
MOTION: Frank J. Barrett, Jr. /Cathy McGrath (Moved and Seconded) to move into Executive Session. The Motion was passed unanimously.
The Town of Fairlee Selectboard went into Executive Session at 6:53 PM.
The Town of Fairlee Selectboard came out of Executive Session at 7:04 PM. No further action was taken.
The Orders and Correspondence were presented to the Selectboard for signatures.
Town Administrator Brian Hanson presented a request that he received from Charles A. Savage, President of Savage Racing, LLC to hold a marathon race around Lake Morey. The tentative date for the marathon would be May 20, 2017. The tentative name of the race is “Maple Leaf Marathon”.
The Selectboard reviewed the meeting minutes for September 12, 2016.
MOTION: Frank J. Barrett, Jr. /Cathy McGrath (Moved and Seconded) made a motion to accept the minutes for September 12, 2016 with corrections. The vote passed unanimously.
ACTION ITEMS REVIEW & AGENDA ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS:
- Road Ordinance
- Illegal Dumping Ordinance
- Fire Marshall Variance
- Lake Morey A&R
- Tata & Howard
- Town Hall Meeting Update
ADJOURN – Time 7:45 PM
MOTION: Frank J. Barrett, Jr. /Cathy McGrath (Moved and Seconded) moved to close meeting. Motion was passed unanimously.
Attest: _ Tracy L. Dunn